Sunday, November 27, 2011

We Day 2011

We Day was an incredible experience. It was inspiring as well as fun. It amazed me that the majority of the people in the room were children who wanted to make a difference and that really made me happy. I loved how this concert was to show children, who think that just because they are younger and are inexperienced, that you CAN make a difference in the world and every little contribution leads to something huge for someone else. The concert was phenomenal and I am grateful to have been able to go because we all got to be recognized for making a difference in the world. What I loved about We Day was when Craig and Mark Kielburger came out because they spoke in such an uplifting way and they really got the crowd going with their inspiring stories about how Free the Children came together. I was really happy when a whole bunch of celebrities came out, not because I was so excited to see them even though I was, but because they could have been doing anything a celebrity can do and they chose to go to We Day in Winnipeg, to inspire children to make a difference. When I first learned that I was going to We Day, I couldn't believe it and I was so excited but I never expected such energy when we first walked into the MTS Centre. It was packed and I remember Angela and I taking about 20 minutes just to walk from the actual concert room to where the food stands and kiosks were. I am so happy that people care and want to help out, especially kids. I think that as well as teaching kids that you can make a difference, We Day also teaches adults that children aren't just there to cause trouble but that if we teach them well and teach them right from wrong, they will learn the catastrophies of the world and they can help out. I think We Day is a very important milestone in my life and I will remember every single detail of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment