The disadvantage of a bar graph is that not every interval will work with all numbers
2) Line Graph- The advantage of a line graph is that it is best for showing change of data over time.
The disadvantage of a line graph is that
3) Double Bar Graph- The advantage of a double bar graph is that it can compare 2 sets of data across categories.
The disadvantage of a double bar graph is that depending on your numbers the interval you choose might not work.
4) Pictographs- The advantage of a pictograph is that it uses symbols to show data.
The disadvantage of a pictograph is that it's hard to use symbols to determine numbers that are not so easy to work with. (eg. 7)
5) Circle Graphs- The advantage of a circle graph is that is shows part to whole using percents.
The disadvantage is it takes too long and too hard to construct.
2) Three ways showing how graphs can mislead.
3) a) Line Graph & Bar Graph
b) Yes, I would continue because the data in both graphs show that sales go higher as weeks progress.
I would show Mrs. Mota the line graph because you can automatically see that sales are going up.
4)b) Make each heart on the Pictograph represent a smaller number.
Make the interval on the line graph smaller.
http://www.core77.com/hack2school/img/cs_graphpaper.jpg Graph Paper used.
http://www.tutorialpark.com/wp-content/uploads/3/Heart-Blending.jpg Heart Image used.