- Bar Graph
Disadvantage: The disadvantage of using a bar graph is that you may not use the right interval or the accurate numbers that goes with your data.
- Double Bar Graph
sets of data across categories.
Disadvantage: The disadvantage of using a double bar graph is that you may use the
- Line Graph
Disadvantage: The disadvantage of using a line graph is that you can only use the data that changes over time.
Disadvantage: The disadvantage of using a pictograph is that you can only use pictograph if the data is even.
- Circle Graph
Disadvantage: The disadvantage of using a circle graph is that it takes a long time to make and very hard to construct.
2.) 3 Ways how a graph can be misleading
* Distorting Scale : putting a break on the y-axis.
* Distorting Visuals : making one data larger than the rest of data.
* Distorting Size of A Bar : making one bar wider than others.
3a.) The following chart shows Pizza Sub Sales over a month. What 2 graphs would show the information accurately?
- I would use a line graph and a bar graph to show The Pizza Sub Sales over the month.
3b.) If you were selling Pizza Subs would you continue? How does your graph explain your answer.
- I chose these graphs because it will show that the sales are getting higher and higher over time.
4.) Below you see 2 different examples of graphs showing healthy choices sold at the canteen. If you had to convince Mrs. Mota that we should continue selling healthy choices which graph would you choose?
- I would choose the line graph. I chose the line graph because its easy for Mrs. Mota to see that it goes higher and higher over time. If I chose the pictograph, you have to count and count until you figure the amount of each data.
4a.) Change each graph so that your information looks even MORE impressive. You may not change the data just the graphs.
: A video for Misrepresenting Data.