I shaded in my hundred grids like that is because the grid is a hundred grid, and for each percent it would by represented as:
3 colored boxes
46 colored boxes
97 colored boxes
- my fraction is 1/4 because there's one rectangle shaded in and there are four rectangles
- the decimal is 0.25 because each rectangle is worth 0.25 also known as 25%
- the percent is 25% because there are only one rectangle shaded in
- the fraction is 3/8 because there are three rectangles shaded in and there are eight rectangles
- the decimal is 0.375 because when you divide the numerator and the denominator together you would get the answer of 0.375
- the percent is 37.5% because when you change the 3/8 to an equivalent fraction to 300/800 and divide both of those numbers you would get the answer of 37.5%
- the fraction is 1/2 because theres one half of a circle shaded in and the other half of the circle isnt
- the decimal is 0.50 because the circle has a whole of one and half on the circle's whole would be 0.50
- the percent is 50% because half of one hundred is 50
- the fraction is 4/5 because there are five pieces of pizza and there are four pieces shaded in
- the decimal is 0.80 because each piece is worth twenty and there are four pieces shaded in so you would get 0.80
- the percent is 80% because as I said for the decimal each piece is worth twenty, so when you add the other three slices you would have 80% of the pizza shaded in
Math homework book pg. 38
1. To represent a percent greater that 100% you would - - shade more than one hundred grid.
2. To represent a fractional percent greater that 1% you would -- shade squares from a hundred grid to show the whole number and part of one square to show the fraction.
3. To represent a whole number you would - - shade squared on a grid of 100 squares called a hundred grid.
4. To represent a fractional percent between 0% and 1% you would - - shade part of one square on a hundred grid
Question number 5.
a) There are 144 boxes shaded so the percent would be 144%
b) There are 2/3 of a tile shaded so the percent would be 0.7%
c) There are 88 tiles shaded and 8 smaller tiles shaded on 1 box so the percent would be 88.8%
22% of 80=
20% = 16% =
1% =0.8 = 1.6
16+ 1.6= 17.6
Here's a video to help you more with percents.
Here's also a link to play a percent game.