Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Riley`s pay it forward post



 Part 1
What is "Pay it Forward". To complete this part please edit and revise the paragraphs that you wrote after watching the movie. 


Pay it forward is a movie. in the movie a boy is told to make a difference so he comes up with something called pay it forward which is where someone helps 3 people and those 3 people each help 3 people. Those 9 people help 27 people then 81 and it keeps getting larger and larger. If you don`t get it here is a picture:


































Part 2

1 What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?
2 Why did you choose this activity? 
3 Who did you help?
4 What did you do?
5 When did you do you act of kindness?

1 My pay it forward was that me and my friend Jason made cookies and rice krispie treats for firefighters to thank them for all the hard work they have done in our community.

2 I chose this activity because I know how much the firemen do for us so I decided that they needed to be thanked.


3 I helped the firefighters by letting them know how much we appreciate them.


4 I baked cookies and rice krispie treats for firefighters.


5 I did my act of kindness on November 12, 2011.



Part 3
1 How did your act of kindness go?
2 What Happened?

3 How did you feel?

4 How did the person or people react?

5 Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"?

6 How did they react to your request?

7 If you did not ask the person to "Pay It Forward" how come?

1 My act of kindness went good. It was fun.
2 When we went there the chief called all the firemen and paramedics. Then we gave a speech about what pay it forward is about. Then we got a group picture and they gave us a tour of the trucks.
3 I felt like I was doing a good deed.
4 The firemen acted surprised and really excited that we came.
5 No

7 I did not ask them because they pay it forward everyday like when they go to a fire or help somebody tat is injured.



Part 4
1 Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
2 Has your act of kindness made a difference?

1 the idea of pay it forward is important because it is important to do something nice for someone without asking for anything in return.

2 Yes, I think it made there day.



















here are some picture of our experience:
Me putting cookies in the oven






























us cleaning up

making rice krispie treats
































in the ambulance










Checking Jason`s heart rate
































showing us the long hose 


































me in the firetruck 
































Group photo
































Us giving a speech 




































5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Riley! In my opinion, I think the firefighters really appreciated what you did. There's a whole lot of people that does a lot for our community that needs to be thanked. I think your act of kindness was well thought and very helpful. You explained your act of kindness very well and supported it with lots of pictures. Keep it up Riley! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Riley, AWESOME job on your "Pay it Forward" project. I think what you did was really cool and original. Giving cookies and rice krispie treats to the firefighters was a great way to thanked them for their service to our community. Your pictures were really nice. It must of been really cool to have been in a ambulance. Great job Riley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Riley ! It was really nice and awesome of you to give those firefighters cookies and rice krispie treats , now the firefighters learned from you and Jason is to "Pay It Forward!".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Job Riley! I think that was a very nice thing for you guys to do , this is very creative, I like your questions there very neat and organized with different colours! I also liked how you added many pictures! Good Job they must have really appreciated what you two did!

    ReplyDelete