Thursday, November 10, 2011

Samantha's Pay It Forward


Part 1
After watching the movie Pay it Forward I found out that it is when you do something for someone that will make a difference in their lives, in return you ask if they can pay you back by doing something else for someone that will make a difference in their life. If everyone were to do this for three people each, it would make a pyramid effect. One person can make a big difference by doing something so little.

Part 2
For my pay it forward, I am going to visit an apartment for senior citizens. I decided to do this because I've visited there before and noticed some people were sitting in the front room so I often talked to them while passing by. They were really nice and told me I should visit more often. By doing this, I will keep them company so that they aren't alone often since I plan on visiting them every second weekend. There are a few people that I often visit and noticed how they wouldn't have any visitors or no one who lived with them, I would keep them company for a while just talking about different things. I did my pay it forward by myself at the apartment place on November 12, 2011 sometime in the morning til afternoon.

Part 3
My act of kindness went great, I met a lot of people and had a lot of fun talking to them. The pictures above are of two people I met there and talked to the most, they were really nice and friendly. I would introduce myself and I would ask them questions like "How are you?" or "Is there anything you need help with?" and things like that, they would ask me random questions about my life so the conversation just kept going. I felt really good while doing my pay it forward, it made me feel like I was actually helping someone with something. When people would question me about what I was doing I would explain Pay It Forward to them. They thought it was a really good idea and that it was great that the students were doing this during our free time. When they questioned me about why I was doing it, I told them I was trying to make a difference and asked them if they would try paying it forward. In the end a lot of people told me they were going to try and do the same thing I was doing.

Part 4
The idea of Pay It Forward is important because we want everyone to be able to see that anyone can make a difference by just doing such a simple thing. It's important because we want to make the world a better place, although that may seem a bit cheesy, it's true and if people start hearing more about it, it may happen. I believe my act of kindness did help in a way, I got to make people happy and seeing people smiling who never was smiling before is a great feeling.



4 comments:

  1. Great job Samantha! You did a good job by not donating food or clothes, but donating your time to make these senior citizens smile! I'm sure they will remember you for a long time! Keep up the good work! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job Samantha! You did excellent, especially how you did something different by taking your own time to give them company and to make them remember how it feels to have someone to talk to. I also liked how you didn't just go to help one person but you helped more than one person! This shows how kind people and you can be. As you continue to do this you will be a great citizen. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Samantha! I think you Pay it Forward is very well done. You took your own time to used it to spend time with the senior citizens. I really like how you did't just help one person, but you took it over the top, and helped more than 1 person. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Samantha on your great achievements with your pay it forward act of kindness! I think that you did a fantastic job on your act and it was very unique. Considering it's not in the lines of contributing money or clothes to an organization. But it was something that you did personally and physically. Not only did you spend your day helping the elderly, you also had lovely and interesting conversations with them. I was not there physically but by seeing the pictures you posted I believe that the people you accompanied were very happy. Very well written, and I hope you keep on being a difference maker. And soon you'll be one fantastic global citizen!

    ReplyDelete