Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ashton's pay it forward post

  1. What is "Pay it Forward". To complete this part please edit and revise the paragraphs that you wrote after watching the movie.


"Pay it Forward`` is a movie where this kid named Trevor gets a assignment from his history teacher and he has to help somebody in need but Trevor comes up with a plan that one person has to help three other people and one of the helped people has to help three other and so on. But in the end Trevor is trying to help a kid that is being bullied but Trevor ends up getting stabbed.

I choose to do this activity cause I thought nobody else would think of it.

2c).Who did you help?

I helped families that have low incomes and can't buy full priced items from store like Zellers,and Walmart.

2d).What did you do?

At Salvation army I sorted clothes , threw out old tapes that were no longer needed, and sorted books (salvation army has a lot of books).

2e).When did you do your act of kindness?

I did my act of kindness on november 12 2011, at 2-3 p.m.

part 3

How did your act of kindness go?


I went to Salvation Army and volunteered for an hour.
I helped families that have a low income and can’t afford to buy full priced items from stores like Zellers or Walmart. I did my act of kindness of helping at Salvation Army for an hour on November 12 at 2-3 pm. I think my act of kindness went well because I only made one nube mistake. When they got me working I sorted donation piles, packed boxes of books, and I took out the garbage including the bucket (that was my nube mistake see picture 4). During my work I felt great from knowing that I helped someone in the world. The manager Scarlet thought it was great that I came to work on my free time and the two guys I helped work with thought it was great because it meant less work for them. I did not ask anybody to pay it forward because I didn’t know who I helped I just know I helped somebody.
I think the idea of Pay it Forward is really important because We as a world need to help eachother if we want world peace. Yes I believe that my act of kindness heas made a difference to somebody needs items like clothes or furniture etc.



Here are some pictures of me paying it forward at Salvation Army.



No comments:

Post a Comment