Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Michael's Pay it forward

Part 1

Pay it forward was a movie the grade 8's of sargent park school watched. It was about a small boy named Trevor who's class assingment was to make a difference in the world. He thought of a "paying it forward" where instead of paying someone "back" you helping someone else. His plan was to help 3 people and those 3 each had to help another 3 people and so on. Meanwhile a reporter is talking to all of the people that have been affected by Trevor's idea until he finally finds Trevor. The reporter interviews Trevor and when he leaves, Trevor see's his friend getting bullied by some guys. Trevor tries to help him but one of the bullies pulled out a knife and stabbed him, sadly Trevor died.

Part 2

My pay it forward act of kindness was I donated some old clothes and jackets to Salvation Army.
I chose this act of kindness because some people can't afford jackets for themselves and here in Canada, it gets really cold.
I think I helped the poor and maybe some homeless people.
My dad drove me to The Salvation Army and we donated some old clothes.
I did this act of kindness on November 16, 2011


Part 3

My act of kindness went really well.
When we got to The Salvation Army, my dad took some pictures and a lady in the store thanked us for donating.
After we left I felt really good knowing that I helped someone keep warm this winter.
The lady working in the store smiled and thanked us for helping.
I didn't ask the women working in the store to Pay it forward, Because I didn't get a chance to go inside.

Part 4

The idea of "pay it forward" is important because its a fast way to help tons of people and could potentially save people's lives.
Yes, I think my act of kindness made a difference, because now some people have warm coats to wear during the cold winter.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Michael. I really think you donating things too the Salvation Army will help. It'll help people who don't have warm things during the winter. I really liked how you posted pictures, and did this project on your own terms.Keep it up, great job (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michael Great Job on your Pay It Forward I think your act of kindness will help a lot of people in our neighbourhood I hope you keep on doing what your doing now as you get older. Great Job on making a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michael nice job for your Pay it Forward. Donating clothes to the salvation army would help people who can't afford clothes. Keep doing what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Michael! Donating all those close are great. Great for the less fortunate who cant afford clothes. You really made a difference. GOOD JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete