1) Use your note to list the different types of graphs. Please list the advantages and disadvantages of each graph.
Bar Graph- The advantage for bar graph is that they are best for comparing data across categories.
- The disadvantage for bar graph is depending on the interval you can't clearly see the right amount.
Circle Graph- The advantage for circle graph is that they are best for comparing categories to the whole using percents. The sum of the percents in the circle graph is 100%.
-The disadvantage for a circle graph is you have to change the number into a percent.
Pictograph- The advantage for pictograph is that they are best for comparing data that can be easily counted and represented using symbols.
- the disadvantage for a pictograph is it's hard to determine the numbers using symbols.
Line Graph- The advantage for line graph is that they are best for showing changes in data overtime.
- the disadvantage for a line graph is you don't exactly know what the exact number is.
Double Bar Graph- The advantage for double bar graph is that they are best for comparing two sets of data across categories.
- the disadvantage for a double bar graph is depending on the interval you won't know the accurate number.
2) How can graphs be misleading. Show 3 ways.
Distort the size of bars
Distort the scale
Distort the Visual
3a) The following chart shows Pizza Sub Sales over a month. What 2 graphs would show the information accurately?
Line Graph and Bar Graph
3b) If you were selling Pizza Subs would you continue? How does your graph explain your answer.