- Disadvantage : Depending on the scale, it is difficult to determine the actual
Double Bar Graph - Advantage : It is best for comparing two sets of data across categories.
- Disadvantage : Depending on the scale, it is hard to know the exact number.
Circle Graph - Advantage : It is best for comparing categories to the whole using percents.
- Disadvantage : You have to change the number into a percent. If the number isn't a percent.
Pictograph - Advantage : It is best for comparing data that can be easily counted and represented using symbols.
- Disadvantage : It is difficult to use the pictograph for data that is even or easy to multiply and divide.
Line Graph - Advantage : It is best for showing changes in data over time.
Disadvantage : This type of graph can only be used for data the change over time and it is hard to identify the exact number, depending on the scale.
2) How can graphs be misleading. Show 3 ways.
- Distorting the scale
- Distorting visuals
- Distorting the bar size
3) a) The following chart shows Pizza Sub Sales over a month. What 2 graphs would show the information accurately?
- Bar Graph
- Line Graph
3) b) If you were selling Pizza Subs would you continue? How does your graph explain your answer.
Yes, I would continue because the sales of pizza are going higher each week and not the other way around, as seen in my two graphs.
4) If you had to convince Mrs Mota that we should continue selling healthy choices which graph would you choose? I would show Mrs. Mota the line graph because you can see the data clearly and how much it has been growing for 3 months. And because you don't have to multiply, like you have to in the pictograph, to see the exact amount.
Graph paper : http://www.core77.com/hack2school/img/cs_graphpaper.jpg