Ratio- (part to part) compares different parts of group to each other.
Rate- A comparison of two quantities measured in different units.
Proportion- An equation that states that two ratios are equal.
Example: If 2 oranges cost $0.50 how much would 6 oranges cost?
- 5 hours to travel 360 miles is about 72 mph.
- A a playgroup worker, if I increase the amount of apple juice I am serving at the playgroup from 25 ml to 100 ml, hoe much should I increase the orange juice to, to keep the quantities in the same proportion? The orange juice is 50 ml to start with.
Task 3What are the three ways you can prove that equivalent ratio statements are true?
1. Does it seem fair? No, I don't think it's fair.
2. With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does it seem just and fair? Why have you made this choice?
I think this is not fair because the CEO took $3 billion and only in prison for 40 months which is 3 years and 4 months, and the homeless person took only $100 and get a 15 year sentence.
3. What would you have done if you were the judge?
I would sentence more than 15 years and the homeless man for about 2 weeks