Proportion-An equation which states that two ratios are equal.
Ratio- A comparison of two quantities that have the same unit of measure.
Rate- A comparison of two quantities measured in different units
1. 5 hours to travel 360 miles is about 72 mph
2) divide top left by bottom left
divide top right by bottom right
3) times top left with a number to make top right
times bottom left with a number to make bottom right
1) Does this seem fair?
No it doesn't seem fair.
2) With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does it seem just and fair? Why have you made this choice?
No it still doesn't still seem fair. For someone to steal $3 000 000 000 and get prison for 3.5 years is ridiculous, also for someone to steal $100 and go to prison for 15 years is more ridiculous. Most Unfair Thing To Do!!!
3) What would you have done if you were the judge?
If I was judge I would give him about a week of Community service.
I would let him in jail for 1 month.