- ratio: It shows a relative size of two or more values.
- rate: A comparison of two quantities measured in different units, Example: 1.69 Per 100 grams or 1.69 / 100 g is a rate for purchasing bulk food. 72 beats per minute is a heart rate.
- proportion: An equation that says two ratios or two rates are equal.
- 1: 5 Hours too travel 360 miles is about ___ mph.
- 2: As a playgroup worker, if I increase the amount of apple juice I am serving at the playgroup 25 ml too 100 ml, how much should I increase the orange juice to, to keep the quantities in the same proportion? The orange juice is 50 ml to start with.
Answer to number 1 :
Hours 5 1
_____ _____ = ______
Miles 360 72 (divide by 2 top & bottom)
Answer to number 2:
apple 25ml 100ml
_____ ______ = _____
orange 50ml 200ml ( multiply by 4 for top & bottom again) increase 50ml to 200ml
3: What is 3 ways you can prove equavalent ratio statements are true?
Diagonally ( top left too bottom right), Horizontally, Vertically.
Does this seem fair?
No it isn't .
With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does he seem just & fair? Why have you made this choice?
It isn't fair because the CEO gets 40 month sentence for 3billion dollars fraud!! and a homeless man steals 100$ and gets a 15 year sentence!! it isn't fair at all!!
What would you do if you were the judge?
I would probably give him about 1 or 2 weeks sentence then he is free too go .