- RATIO- a comparison of quantities that have the same units.
Answer: 4:5 or four to five
- RATE- a comparison of two quantities measured in different units.
Answer: 66 words/minute
- PROPORTION- an equation which states that two ratios (FRACTIONS) are equal.
Answer: 54 students/bus
- 5 hours to travel 360 miles is about _____ mph.
- As a playgroup worker, if I increase the amount of apple juice I am serving at a playgroup from 25 ml to 100 ml, how much should I increase the orange juice to, to keep the quantities in the same proportion? The orange juice is 50 ml to start with.
- What are the three ways you can prove that 3/4 and 12/16 are equal
- Does it seem fair?
- With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does it seem fair? Why had you made this choice?