Task 1Ratio. A comparison of quantities that have the same units.
Rate. A comparison of two quantities measured in different units.
Proportion. An equation which states that two ratios are equal.
1. 5 hours to travel 360 miles is about _____ mph.
hours 5 (÷5) 1
- _____ _____ = _____
- 2. As a playgroup worker,if I increase the amount of apple juice I am serving at the playgroup from 25 ml to 100 ml, how much should I increase the the orange juice to, to keep the quantities in the same proportion? The orange juice is 50 ml to start with.
- apple juice 25ml x4 100ml
- _____ _____= _____
- orange juice 50ml x4 200ml
Task 3What are three ways you can prove that equivalent ratio statements are true ?
1. Does this seem fair ? I do not think it is fair.
2. With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does it seem just and fair ? Why have you made this choice ?
No its not fair because he took 3 billion $$ that's a lot
3. What would you have done if you were the judge ?I would have gave him at least 3years of jail.