Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Camille's Porportion Post

Task 1
Ratio- A ratio shows the relative sizes of two or more values

Rate- A comparison of two quantities measured in different units.
Example: $ 1.69 per 100 grams or $1.69 /100 g is a rate for purchasing bulk food. 72 beats
minute or 72 beat/min is
heart rate.
Proportion- An equation which states that two ratio (fraction) are equal.

Task 2

5 hours to travel 360 miles is about 72 mph.

As a playgroup worker, if I increase the amount of apple juice I am serving at the playgroup from 25 ml to 100 ml, how much should I increase the the orange juice to, to keep the quantities in the same proportion? The orange juice is 50 ml to start with.

Task 3
What are the three ways you can prove that equivalent ratio statements are true?
3/4 = 12/16 or 4/9 = 16/32
Three ways:
Horizontal
Vertical
Diagonal Multiply

Task 4

Task 5
If I were the judge, I would sent Roy Brown 2-3 years because he only 100 bill.
but the other dude stole $3 billion, I would sent him 15 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment