Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Danilyn's Proportion Post

TASK ONE_______________

Ratio- comparitive value of two or more amounts

Rate- a comparison of two quantities measured in different units.

Proportion- an equation that states that two ratios (fractions) are equal.
TASK TWO_______________


1. 5 hours to travel 360 miles is about ____ miles

2. As a playgroup worker, if I increase the amount of apple juice I am serving at the playgroup from 25 ml to 100 ml, how much should I increase the the orange juice to, to keep the quantities in the same proportion? The orange juice is 50 ml to start with.

TASK THREE_______________

3/4 = 12/16


TASK FOUR_______________





TASK FIVE
_______________
1. Does this seem fair? No, this is not fair.

2. With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does it seem just and fair? Why have you made this choice? This is absolutely unfair. This greedy guy who stole at least $3billion gets to go to jail for only 3 years. While another hungry, homeless guy who stole only stole $100 got sentenced for 15 years. To compare the amount of money they stole and to compare the time they needed to spend in jail, this is completely ridiculous.

3.
What would've you done if you were the judge? If I were the judge, I would've turned the situation around. Paul Allen was the one that should had gotten 15 years in prison and the Roy Brown should have had only 1 year. I chose 1 year because, I didn't really think he did anything wrong. It was just only $100 and he turned himself in from the guilt he felt, he was homeless, hungry. If I were in his position I would want someone to feel the pain that I'm having, to understand that pain.



No comments:

Post a Comment