10. Kai uses an entire can of paint on a square backdrop for the school play. The label on the can states that one can cover 27 m² of wall surface. Estimate the backdrop's side length, to one decimal place.
A-4x4=16 and 5x5=25 and 6x6=36 so now we know that its between 5 and 6.
Now 5.1x5.1=26.01 and 5.2x5.2=27.04 so the answer is 5.2 but then it says move one decimal space so the real answer is 5.1.
11. The square has an area of 20cm2
A) Use perfect squares to estimate the side length to one decimal place.
So the side length must be between 4 and 5 and 4.5x4.5=20.25 but it says move one decimal place so the answer is actually 4.4
So 4.5=20.25 (4.4) if you round the answer to make a whole number the answer will be 20 and so 4.5(4.4) is the side length of 20cm2
1. Answer in a short paragraph and with diagrams
2. Solve for the missing side length.
3. Is this a right triangle? Prove it!!!