Definition - The square root of a number can be thought as the side length of a square.
- Square roots are the inverse of squaring a number
- As I found the Prime Factors of 32 which is 16 and 2.
- I found the Prime Factors 16 which is 8 and 2.
- Then I found the Prime Factors of 8 which is 4 and 2.
- After I boxed in the Line of Prime Factorization after I made a basket using those number to make more sense
- So as you can see its a perfect square.
- First I just had to find the Prime Factor of 25 which would be 5 and 5.
- So then when I multiply 5 by itself, it would make a Perfect Square that would equal 25
- After I would multiply the sides to get the area
- The square of the number would be as the area of the square, which is 5
- So then the square root of 25 = 5
- Well what I did first is that a made an imaginary mat that had 14m of side length.
- Then I did the area formula of a square which would be:
A = 14x14
So the area would be 196m²
- So thats the answer of the area of the floor mat in square metres.
- 21)a. Well how I showed my work for this answer is I used the area formula.
- How it worked is I would use length x width as my area formula
- The formula would look like:
A = 14 x 4
A = 56
The area would be 56m²
- So then that would be the area of the patio and how to find out the answer.
- 21)b. Well what I did here I would have to find out 2 different sets of numbers to have the same area as 56m²
- So what I used here would be the same area formula length x width
- As my two different sets of numbers I used 28 as my length and 2 as my width.
- So the area formula for this patio would be:
A = 28 x 2
A = 56
The area is 56m²
21)c. Well in my opinion it is NOT because it you use a square as a patio 56 wont be able to be a perfect square number.
Here is a video to help you understand more about square roots for 60 seconds!
Here is a game that you might enjoy about square roots!
P.S you might have to use Mozilla! If you dont have Java to play this game. Sorry guys!
1. Answer in a short paragraph and with diagrams
2. Solve for the missing side length.
3. Is this a right triangle? Prove it!!!