Non Perfect square root have fractions.
17 *square root is not perfect. It's whole number is..
To find the denominator, you subtract the smaller perfect square from the larger perfect square.
1. Answer in a short paragraph and with diagrams.
Pythagorean Relationship can be written as a^ + b^ = c^ (formula).
- "c" is that longest side/ hypothenuse of the triangle.
- "a" and "b" two shorter legs with right angle (90 degree)
2. Solve for the missing side length.
- Label "a" "b" and "c" (don't get confused)
- Formula (a^ + b^ = c^)
- Replace letters to numbers (12^ + 5^ = c^)
- Square numbers (12 x 12(144cm^) + 5 x 5(25cm^)= c)
- Add (169cm^ = c)
- Square root the number (13cm = c^)
3. Is this a right triangle? Prove it!!!
Link for Pythagorean Relationship: http://www.mathsisfun.com/pythagoras.html
Here's a link of a game about square root
Play it if you want to win a $1,000,000! :D